The ethics committee is comprised of chairman, deputy forresearch and technology – as the secretary – a bioethicsinstructor, a biomedical researcher, an epidemiologist, the legaladvisor and a clergyman who is completely aware of jurisprudentialissues as well as legal-medical regulations.
Legal, ethical and jurisprudential aspects of medical projectssuch as subject' consent, right, freedom, confidentiality andprotection against the potential risks of research, appropriate useof information, respecting colleagues' right and keeping Islamicvalues to choose a subject are considered by the committee. Afterall, the written result is announced to project executive.
Ethics Committee Members
- Azin, Seyed Ali (Chairman) - Social Medicine (M.D., M.P.H,FECSM)
- Sadeghi, Mohammad Reza (Secretary) - Clinical Biochemistry(Ph.D.)
- Ayati, Mohammad Reza - Theology and Islamic Jurisprudence(Ph.D.)
- Jeddi Tehrani, Mahmood - Immunology (Ph.D.)
- Rasekh, Mohammad - Law and Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Ghaeni, Mohammad - Jurist (Ayatollah)
- Mousavi Jarrahi, Alireza - Epidemiology (Ph.D.)
- Milanifar, Alireza - Medical Ethics (M.D., Ph.D.)
- Shahla Eslami - Philosophy (Ph.D.)
REC Co-ordinator: Ashtari, Golanna - Biotechnological Law andEthics (M.A.)
ACECRBiomedical Research Ethics Committee